Lots of people want to cycle to work: why?
- It’s quicker (in Sheffield rush hour, up to 4 miles is quicker by bike)
- It’s cheaper (on average, switching a short commute to bike saves £500-800 a year)
- It’ll keep you fit (and improve your heart, lungs, stress levels etc etc)
- It’ll reduce CO2 (switching short trips from a car could cut 10% of your annual total)
- It’s fun. Really. You cannot have a boring commute on a bike
So why isn’t everyone cycling? The overwhelming deterrent is fear.
Cycling road craft training is the solution to fear of traffic. It shows you where the dangers lie and how to avoid them. It makes you 2-3 times safer. It shows you how you can get on with other road users, and not treat every road trip as a battle. Over 92% of participants cycle more afterwards. And if you live in Sheffield or Rotherham, usually it’s free.
We call commuter training ‘The Knowledge’. It works.