This one day (9.30 am – 5pm) course in Sheffield is aimed at instructors wishing to lead rides. The session will be a mixture of practical and theory. To book a place or get more information please contact Ken Woodhouse on firstname.lastname@example.org. The session will include a ride of about 8 miles so you will need a bike. The course will take place at Scotia Works which is located 2 minutes from the railway station.
To enable participants to have greater confidence in their use of correct ride leading techniques through a mixed class based and experiential session allowing observation, practice and feedback.
By the end of the course participants will
- understand their responsibilities as a ride leader
- understand how to manage the expectations when ride leading
- be able to plan a suitable route for their ride participants
- understand what to take on a ride
- know how to risk assess a route
- be able to perform a dynamic risk assessment
- be able to perform an ‘M’ check on a bike
- have an awareness of National Standard Level 2
- have demonstrated the skills necessary to lead riding in groups
- have experienced riding in and managing a group riding two abreast
- understand how to manage incidents