Date: Contact Pedal Ready if you are interested in this course
Venue: Scotia Works, Leadmill Road, Sheffield. S1 4SE.
This course is aimed at National Standards Instructors who want to work on the technique for teaching adults who cannot ride. The course will include both theoretical and practical elements and so it is essential that participants have a bike (to get to practical venue – if this is a problem give us a ring) and clothing suitable for poor weather.
Aims: To give participants an opportunity to discuss how adults learn to ride and to deliver a session to each other in order
to experience the practicalities.
Objectives: By the end of the course, participants should have had an opportunity:
1. to discuss the barriers adults face when trying to learn to
ride a bike for the first time.
2. to look at how a trainer can help the learner to overcome those barriers.
3. to practice delivering a learn to ride training session to other course participants.
4. to consider risk assessment on a learn to ride session
The session will start in the classroom to look at and discuss the theoretical issues. We will then ride to a venue to practice delivering the practical session. We will finish off with feedback from the practical session.
You will need to bring
- A bike
- Packed lunch (or buy from local shop)
- Clothing appropriate to the weather
- Basic tools you might need for bike adjustments (There will be tools available if you are not sure what to bring)
Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided